As part of the API authentication fields, you need to create an API access token in order to authenticate and gain access to the Helcim API. The API token is used for requests to the Helcim API and HelcimPay.
To get started:
- Log in to your Helcim Account.
- Click on
All Toolsand then on the
API Access Configurationfrom the left menu.
- Click on
New API Accessto get started.
- Enter a name for your API Access Configuration.
- Select the appropriate Access Restrictions for your API token.
- Click Create located on the top right of the page to save your configuration and generate your API token.
Legacy API tokens:
Please note that legacy Helcim API tokens cannot be used for Helcim API V2 endpoints. Depending on your unique integration, you can use a combination of legacy endpoints and V2 endpoints, however please note that legacy endpoints are now deprecated.
Each API access token that you create will have its own permissions and the access you select for your API configuration should depend on what you intend to do through the Helcim API. Review our suggested API permissions for common use cases below.
- General permissions will apply to general objects like Customer, Order, Products, and Others
- Settings permissions will apply to settings objects like VT Settings, Customer Settings, General Settings, and Others
- Transaction Processing
- None - cannot process any type of transaction
- Auth - for processing Verify and Preauth transactions
- Positive Transaction - for processing Purchase and Capture
- Admin - for processing Reversal, Refund
Transaction Processing permissions inherit the lower permissions levels when selected.
|Helcim API||General: Read & Write|
Settings: Read & Write
Transaction Processing: Admin
|HelcimPay||General: No access|
Settings: No access
Transaction Processing: Positive Transaction
Please note that you cannot process Refund Transactions through HelcimPay.js. If you intend to use the same API token for requests to the Helcim Payment API through the Process Refund Transaction endpoint, then you would want to set Transaction Processing to Admin.
If you attempt a function through the Helcim API with an API token that does not have the appropriate permissions, you will receive an error response from the Helcim API indicating as such. You will need to update the Access Restrictions for your API token, or create a new unique token for that action.
Updated 2 months ago